We're a coalition of organizations and individuals committed to major reductions in and eventual elimination of the single use disposable shopping bag. Our bag habit is a bad habit.4.4 billion bags annually - yeah, that's billion! That's how many single use plastic shopping bags we 8.8 million NJ consumers use a year. It's about 500 bags per person. We can significantly reduce this stream of garbage, reduce this litter, and it's devastating impact on the environment very simply: stop using the bags. One of the most effective way to do this is to put a fee on all single use disposable bags. Nothing like charging 10 cents a bag to make us all rethink "how much do I really need this bag?"
From the Blog
- We pay for plastic trash three times… May 7, 2017
- Princeton’s Bag Fee is on the Way February 15, 2015
- So you think you know plastic bags? December 23, 2014
- Want to hear actual testimony from NYC hearing on bag fee? December 9, 2014
- Hightstown Bag It screening – Free! Thurs Dec 4, at 7 PM November 23, 2014